Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What’s with my name?

It was my Grandmother who had the idea to name me Vanessa. She get that name from “Valentines” since I was born in Valentines Day. She said, to make it different instead of Valentines, she preferred Vanessa, and she thought it sounds so close. But when it comes to my Birth Certificate , my Father due to some reasons that made him rush,, he accidentally wrote it into “Vanisssa”. That’s why instead of Vanessa it turned out to be Vanissa.

My name is Vanissa Lyn Petenio Basa and my friends call me vhan2x. in the Webster Dictionary it means “The Vanguard” the front part of the army or the leading position of any movement. Just like me, I used to be the first. First sa kabuang, first sa basta maglakaw, first mag start ug conversation, first mag pakatawa ug first sa kaon. Hehe…

There’s nothing really special with my name. My name was not found on the Dictionary. But take note when it is not found in the Dictionary it is different. When it is different it is unique. Therefore, my name is unique. I am the only one who has given that name. Thanks to my Father who mistakenly misspelled my name.

1 comment:

  1. wala jud kay makapareha day ug speling,,,

    you're the only princess naming vannisa lyn...

    ReplyDelete